Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Final Assessment

I think the best post I did with voice is: Dust and Decay by Jonathan Maberry (Zombie book). For my voice I tried to type it as I was saying it which is a little weird but it helped me. For example I did this,  "The only bad thing is that I'm trying not to become attached to any of the characters much because they could die at any second so it's kind of like The Walking Dead". I actually said this outloud when I typed this. I also used this, "so it's kind of like..." to make it sound like someone talking. I know I say that a lot when I talk with my friends. I also believe I use a lot of commas. Becuase of my writing you cna infer that my personality is mostly laid back. For example I don't use a lot of elevated diction because I never use it. but I do use commas because I don't stay on topic for a very long time.

For my diction I used a lot of casual diction becuase that is how I talk. If I used informal it wouldn't sound like me. I know I used "so it's kind of like..." becuase that is how I talk without thinking. For syntax I used a lot of declarative syntax, "There have been a lot of tricky situations that thinking wasn't possible so the characters had to think fast and go with it". For syntax patterns I used moslty 3 patterns; Simple sentence, compound sentence, and complex sentences. A typical sentence I used in this post would be this, "I just finished the book and let's not waste time, it was awesome". This is a compound sentence and it is how I talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment