Sunday, January 12, 2014

Dust and Decay by Jonathan Maberry: Character Symbols

Tom- I would say that what best symbolizes Tom is a textbook. He never does anything bad or hurts anybodys feelings and when he does get into some trouble he follows his own rules that he has made for himself every time. He does everything perfectly.
Benny- What symbolizes Benny is a puppy. He often makes many mistakes but learns from them everytime, also he is unpredictable and causes trouble.
Nix- What symbolizes Nix is a brand new computer. You don't know what to expect and she is hard to figure out. Somtimes she's mad somtimes she's happy. And finally she is treated so delicately by Benny.
Chong- What symbolizes Chong is a child. He makes lots of mistakes. But because of his mistakes he is growing each day how to live in the world and starts to know things before they happen.
Lilah- Finally what symbolizes Lilah is a puzzle. I still can't figure her out but now that I've seen what she has done so I get her personality a little bit, just her personality. You can't guess what she does next, I've tried it many times and it doesn't end up like I imagined it.
Based on what I said about these characters what else can you think of to symbolize them?

1 comment:

  1. Benny and Nix I think are very similar based on your descriptions. I would describe them both as kind of loose cannons if you know what I mean. They are unpredictable and you never know what they will do so they could cause destruction like a cannon can.

    ReplyDelete