Sunday, December 8, 2013

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury text connections

One text to text connection I can make is the Harrison Bergeron story where everyone has a handicap so no one can over throw the government. This is a text to text because in both stories the government controls you. In Fahrenheit 451 you can't have books, in Harrison Bergeron you can't be normal. A text to world connection would be our government. I know that we don't have to burn every single book but there are still rules to follow and just like in books world. America has laws and in the book I guess one law is that they have to burn every single book. A lot of differences but some similarities. My last connection is a text to self. I can connect this story to myself because like I said in the last connection the 451 government has rules and so does my parents/government. I already said that one law in 451 is that you have to burn every single book, my parents don't make me burn every single book but the make me follow pretty simple rules like do all my chores, be respectful to them, etc. What connections can you make?

No comments:

Post a Comment